India has become a leader when it comes to fast development. Owing to the increment in the education system and employment opportunity of this country, India has also emerged as a leader in the business fraternity. The list gives you the details of the top 10 Indian CEO in the world.
These people are currently ruling the world with their immaculate management skills and the extremely high amount of salary that they earn. Who are the top 10 Indian CEO in the world? Read on to find out:
10 Indian CEO in the World
- Satya Nadella – Microsoft
Satya Nadella has recently created a ripple in the computing world by becoming the CEO of the most reputed company in the world- Microsoft. He is originally from Hyderabad, Telangana and is the CEO of Microsft starting from 4th February 2014. He is one of the top 10 Indian CEO in the world.
- Nadella joined Microsoft in 1922.
- He gained a lot of good reviews as a leading personality with knowledge about a breadth of technologies,
- According to Microsoft, he managed to transform some of Microsoft’s biggest product offerings, thus becoming a suitable candidate for the post.
- Nadella gas a Bachelor’s of Electronics and Communication engineering from Manipal Institute of Technology.
- Nadella owns a Master of Computer Science degree from University of Wisconsin and MBA from the University Of Chicago Booth School Of Business.
- Before joining Microsoft, Madella was a member of the Sun Microsystems technology staff.
- SatyaNadella’s net worth is estimated to be 84 million dollars.
- Sundar Pichai – Google
Sundar Pichai, who originally belongs to Chennai, Tamil Naidu, is the CEO of Google. The 43-year-old talented individual is known to be soft-spoken. He is one of the top 10 Indian CEO’s in the world and is currently the head of the tech projects like the search engine, maps, apps, ads, Android system and YouTube.
- Pichai joined Google in the year 2004.
- He led the product management team of Google and was known for his innovative efforts for Google Chrome and Chrome OS a well as Google Drive.
- He became the Vice President of Chrome and apps before finally becoming the CEO of the leading company.
- Pichai owns a B.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur.
- He earned his MS degree in material science and semiconductors in physics from the Stanford University in a scholarship degree.
- He obtained his MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Before joining Google, Sundar Pichai worked as a management consultant in McKinsey and Company.
- Sundar Pichai’s net worth is an estimated 1.2 billion dollars with a salary of 199.7 million dollars annually.
- Shantanu Narayen – Adobe
Shantanu Narayen is one of the top 10 Indian CEO in the world, as he manages one of the world’s leading software company; Adobe. Originally from Hyderabad, Telangana, Shantanu was appointed as the CEO of Adobe in 2007.
- Narayen joined Adobe in the year 1998.
- Shantanu has a Bachelor’s of Electronics Engineering degree from the Osmania University.
- He obtained his MBA degree from the University of California and jas a Master’s in Computer Science degree from the Bowling Green State University.
- Shantanu became the CEO of Adobe on the ear 2007.
- Shantanu Narayen salary is estimated to be a whopping 1.3 million dollars as of now.
- Indra Nooyi – PepsiCo
An epitome of female beauty with brains, Indra Nooyi has won hearts for being the CEO of PepsiCo. She is originally from Madras, Tamil Nadu State. She became the CEO of PepsiCo 7 years after joining the company.
- Indra Nooyi has bachelor’s degrees in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from the Madras Christian College.
- She has aMBA degree from the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta.
- Nooyi was the product manager at Johnson and Johnson prior to joining PepsiCo.
- She also worked in the same position in the textile firm MettuBeardsell.
- Indra Nooyi has also worked in strategic positions on Motorola and Asea Brown Boveri.
- Indra Nooyi joined PepsiCo as a Chief Financial Officer and President before becoming the CEO.
- Indra Nooyi net worth is an estimated 144 million dollars.
- Ajaypal Singh Banga – MasterCard
Ajaypal Singh Banga is the 57-year old business executive who currently holds the position of being the president and the CEO of MasterCard. He originally hails from Pune, India. He became the CEO of the company starting from April 12, 2010.
- Ajaypal Sigh did his schooling from the Hyderabad Public School and obtained a Bachelor’s of Arts degree in Economics from St. Stephen’s College.
- He holds an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
- Ajaypal started his business career from Nestel spanning sales, marketing, and general management.
- He joined PepsiCo and was involved in its international fast food franchises.
- Prior to becoming the CEO of Mastercard, Ajaypal Singh was previously the president and chief operating officer of the company.
- Ajaypal Singh Banga net worth is estimated to be at 1.2 billion dollars.
- Ivan Menezes – Diageo
Ivan Menezes who originally hails from Pune is currently the CEO of Diageo and is one of the top 10 Indian CEOs in the world. he became the CEO of the company since 2013.
- Ivan did his education from St. Stephen’s College and later from the Indian Institute of Ahmedabad.
- He also pursued his Master’s degree from the Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management.
- Prior to joining Diageo, Ivan was the non-executive director of the US-based fashion retailer Coach Inc.
- He joined Diageo in 1997 and held the positions of Chief Operating Officer, Chairman, and President for several locations of the company in the past.
- Ivan Menezes salary is estimated to be 6.2 million dollars, which is a 48% cut from his previous salary of 11.9 million dollars.
- Nikesh Arora – SoftBank
Nikesh Arora is originally from Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh and is the CEO of Softbank internet and Media as of now. Nikesh became the CEO of the company in 2104 and stepped down on 2016.
- Nikesh Arora obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology.
- After this, he obtained an MBA degree from Northwestern University and a Master’s Degree in Finance from the Boston College.
- Prior to joining SoftBank, Arora was high profile employee at Google.
- Before Google, he worked as a telecom analyst in Putnam Investments.
- Nikesh became the CEO of the company in 2014.
- Nikesh Arora’s net worth is estimated to be a whopping 2 billion dollars.
- Rakesh Kapoor – Reckitt Benckiser
Indian businessman Rakesh Kapoor is currently the CEO of Reckitt Benckiser plc, a major producer of health, home, and hygiene products. He is originally from Bareilly, India.
- Kapoor did his schooling from Modern School, New Delhi.
- He has a BE degree in Chemical Engineering from the Birla Industry of Technology and Science.
- Kapoor obtained his XLRI degree from the Xavier School of Management.
- Before becoming the CEO, Kapoor has held roles as Regional Sales Manager, General Manager, Regional Marketing Manager and EVP for Reckitt Benckiser.
- Rakesh Kapoor net worth is estimated to be a whopping 150 million dollars approximately.
- Dinesh Paliwal – Harman Industries
Indian American businessman Dinesh Paliwal is another one of the top 10 Indian CEO in the world. He is the CEO and President of Harman International Industries which is a provider of audio and infotainment systems.
- Dinesh obtained his education from the Indian Institute of Technology and then from the Roorkee University.
- He has also obtained his education from the Miami University.
- Before joining Harman Industries, he worked as the President of the Global Markets Technology for the ABB group.
- Dinesh Paliwal salary is assumed to be 1 million dollars.
- Ajit Jain – Berkshire Hathaway Insurance
Ajit Jain is another one on the list of the top 10 Indian CEO of the world. He is currently the CEO of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance. He is originally from Orissa, India.
- Ajit Jain graduated from IIT Kharagpur with a BTech degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- He earned an MBA degree from the Harvard University.
- Before joining Berkshire Hathway Insurance, he worked as a salesman for IBM.
- He has also worked in the McKinsey & Co
- Ajit became the CEO of the company in 2014.
- Ajit Jain net worth is estimated to be a whopping 2 billion dollars.